Labels

Monday, June 16, 2014

Fried Green Tomatoes

 

 

Fried Green Tomatoes

 
3 Green Tomatoes
 
2 Cups Flour
 
2 eggs
 
1 cup milk
 
2 cups Cornmeal
 
oil
 
salt & pepper to taste
 
 
Summer in the South means Tomatoes, Tomatoes,  Tomatoes.  We put a fresh ripe tomato on anything and everything.  This is also the perfect time to enjoy green tomatoes. A hard, tart, green tomato is the perfect reason to fry something yummy.
I have been experimenting on the perfect fried tomato and I have finally perfected my recipe.
 
Fill a cast iron pan with oil, about 1 inch.  Cut green tomatoes in 1/4 inch slices.  Coat sliced tomato in flour, then dip in egg/milk mixture. After slice is coated with the wet mixture you then dip slices into cornmeal seasoned with salt and pepper.
 
After the tomato is fully coated gently lay the slice into hot oil.  I heat my oil on med/high heat. I usually cook 5 slices at a time.  Once the cornmeal turns med brown turn and cook the other side.
 
Serve with Bacon Ranch Chipolte Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment