Labels

Monday, July 23, 2012

Silhouette Window Wall Art

I am a nut for old, dingy, and distressed accent pieces.  I love to incorporate old and new together to get a one of a kind eclectic look.  One of my faves would be old, shabby, and distressed windows as wall art.  Well while scanning through a local Antique Market (Red Hound Antiques), I came across the perfect window in the perfect color.  Honestly the only thing that I had to do was clean the glass and figure the perfect thing to do with it.  I love when projects become so easy.  Well after cleaning the glass and looking at it a few days I had an idea.  I have seen canvases and wall art with shadow silhouettes as the center art.  I love that idea soooo...I decided to use my sweet boys' perfect heads as my inspiration. 


Using my Canon and Photoshop I had the perfect side silhouettes of my boys.  I then sent the pics to my vinyl plotter and cut them out.  I was going to use the cutout as a guide to paint....painting did not turn out the way that I wanted so I then used the inside of the cutout as the decal.....PERFECT!! 

As you can see I have paired it with another shabby piece that I have collected.  I am still looking for the perfect knobs for the cabinet.  I am also going to hang the window piece about 2 ft from the cabinet.

The window itself is a light green.

The same green in the stripes of the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment