Labels

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby Decorative Canvas

I love Pinterest for so many reasons and one of those reasons is that it is a great place to stalk find things that your friends are interested in.  I have a friend who is expecting a little girl soon and I have had the hardest time finding something special for her.  Well the other day I had noticed that she had posted a a canvas quote on Pinterest. 

Wow, this might be something that she would enjoy, and I know her colors so off I went to start gathering my materials.

I used a 14x11 canvas so she could hang it in a smaller area.  I painted the canvas a light beige and decided to do pink lettering and accents.  Vinyl lettering does not stick to canvas very well so I used my vinyl cutter to cut the quote, I weeded out just the letters and used it as a stencil. If you choose to use your vinyl as a stencil on canvas DO NOT paint using strokes.  Paint gets under the vinyl this way.  To keep your paint from bleeding just dab the paint.

After everything was dry I slowly removed the vinyl.  I then hot glued pink ribbon on back for a tie hanger and on the sides of the canvas to give it a finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment