Labels

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Coffee Cans....What to do?

We love coffee in my house so I am always stuck with empty coffee cans.  I hate to just toss them in the trash so I end up saving them.  I was looking in my pantry when a box of cans came falling down on my head.  At that point I knew I had to do something ASAP. What do you do with coffee cans?


After searching for a few ideas I decided on a craft room must.  I don't know about you but all of my craft supplies are in drawers, most things fit perfectly but some need their own space.  My markers, paint pens, and scissors need to be somewhere easy to get to.  I decided to use some color coordinated scrap paper to cover the cans.  The size cans that I have are a little bigger than the paper so I had about 1/4 inch space.  I used this space to apply the hot glue.




After I measured the paper and glued the cans together.  NOTE: Because of the cans' lip you need to your hot glue thick. 




I have seen others do this but with many cans. My space is limited so three were perfect for me.


Now I have two more cans left so I think that the boys will be taking one to their teacher for a perfect place to store the class boxtops. This time I will be able to use the lid.  I will just cut a slit in it for easy insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment